Songs of Syx
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Build cities with tens of thousands of individuals, fight off enemies in huge battles, scheme and conquer your way from a tiny settlement to an empire.
This is an early access game, meaning it is not finished and while it is playable and enjoyable, it will be quite some time before the final vision is implemented.
- Living World Full of different races, cultures, old and new gods and strange creatures. Night turns to day, climate and weather change, and migrations of animals and people flow. Droughts and pestilence, pirates and bandits, and new discoveries will ensure kingdoms and empires come and go with or without your intervention. No game will ever be the same, as all content, background stories, and easter-eggs are generated uniquely each iteration, while still sticking to a rich background story that you will unfold piece by piece.
- Base Building on a Huge Scale Take your settlement further that you ever have by winning the hearts of your subjects or by whipping them into submission. Have their number swell your insignificant colony into a metropolis of tens of thousands. Be careful not to overreach, as everything you build requires upkeep and a slight disruption of your production, or a dip in your standing, could quickly spiral out of control and your people will not hesitate to depose a thoughtless king. GRAND
- Grand Strategy As your capital grows, it must be sustained by the villages, towns, lumber camps, castles and ports that constitute your kingdom. But you're not alone in. Other kingdoms and despots are eager to forge an alliance or expand their borders, so tend to your relations and try not to stand culturally. To grow your might, you must engage in global trade, where there are no fixed prices, no currency to mint, but based on supply and demand, turning you rich one day, and your goods worthless on the next, if you're not paying attention.
- Massive Tactical Battles Gather forces from allies and vassals and conscript traveling mercenaries and heroes to bolster your ranks with up to 20k individual units. Use tactics and skill to encircle your enemy, or let your reputation demoralize them before clashes of up to 40k units, which outcomes dictate the rise and fall of empires.
- Nobility & Slaves Break the backs of slaves as they make your beds and swab your floors. Just throw them a bone from time to time to keep them from rising up in revolt. Appoint nobles, or import them from other kingdoms and have them manage different aspects of your kingdom to boosts your production and standing, but be careful with whom to trust, and reward them accordingly as some might get the idea to usurp you or join your enemies.
Keep an eye on these channels for more information:
Saves, screenshots & logs
Local files are stored in a platform specific folder that allows you to access your saves and stuff regardless of where and how you've installed your game. You can access the, through the following:
Press Windows + R to show a 'run' dialogue box. Paste this exact text: %appdata%\songsofsyx . Click 'OK' to open the folder.
From Finder, click Go » Go to Folder. Enter this exact text: ~/.config/songsofsyx . Submit to open the folder.
From Files, click Go » Enter Location. Enter this exact text: ~/.config/songsofsyx Submit to open the folder.
Keys to other stores
Steam release is planned for September 21st. Everyone that has purchases the game can claim a steam key through itch.
Yes, the itch version is completely DRM free!
Is there a roadmap?
Yes, it's over at: https://trello.com/b/wF5RYqdF/songs-of-syx
How often is the game updated?
It's being worked on every day and a typical mayor update is between 1.5 - 3 month. An update is first put out on itch.io as a separate "beta" version. It will be fixed and patched for a few weeks before going live.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $25 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- V58 ConquestJun 24, 2021
- Refinement & mod supportAug 18, 2020
- The World and BeyondJun 26, 2020
- Songs of Syx: Руководство на русскомApr 01, 2020
- Songs of Syx - Guide / tutoriel en FrançaisMar 31, 2020
- Battles And KickstarterMar 26, 2020
- Songs of Syx: Um guia/aprendizado do Iniciante [Portugues]Feb 14, 2020
- Songs of Syx - Una Guida per Principianti [Italiano]Feb 05, 2020